10 November, 2010
It’s almost a month since the Office for Civil Society’s consultation on improving support for frontline organisations opened, with a view to gathering feedback and opinion on six key areas:
– Easier access to advice through online services
– Access to wider sources of support, particularly from the private sector
– Direct support to frontline organisations through bursaries
– Consolidation of support services through merger and collaboration
– Better local public sector partnerships
– Better partnerships between Central Government and national infrastructure
Over the last ten years the Amazon team has worked with a huge range of frontline organisations, support providers and public sector departments, so we can identify with the views of all three. There is no doubt that all are facing a period of unprecedented change and that the way they work together to help negotiate this will be crucial. For that reason, we would urge everyone to get involved and make their views heard through this consultation, which will play an important role in helping to define and shape a realistic, practical version of the ‘Big Society’.
The consultation closes on 6 November 2011.
More information on how to take part, and on the proposals being explored, is available at http://www.strongercivilsociety.org.uk/